Wed, Aug 23|
Shavano Park City Hall
August Lunch & Learn Presentation by SAWS
Come in from the heat. Join us for a presentation on water security. Water is becoming an ever more important resource. Presentation and Q&A by Heather Ginsburg from SAWS. Deluxe box lunch or salad from Apple Spice Catering - $14 payment. See the "About the event" section for more information.
Time & Location
Aug 23, 2023, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Shavano Park City Hall, 900 Saddletree Ct, Shavano Park, TX 78231
About the event
There will be a short video and presentation on San Antonio’s water resources, some discussion of the SAWS state-of-the-art water conservation and desalination facility, and why SAWS is viewed as a state and national leader in water resource management.
About our presenter Heather Ginsburg:
Heather is a Texas tradeswoman through and through! With three state water licenses under her belt, she brings a unique perspective, background and expertise to the SAWS Education team. Heather’s deep understanding of and passion for sharing water knowledge makes her perfectly suited for coordinating and leading SAWS’ education tours.
Prior to joining the SAWS family, Heather worked in the private sector as a landscape designer where she spent countless hours helping homeowners create beautiful, water-saving landscapes.
Heather, along with her husband Brett and their two children, all strive daily to be kind humans who give back to Mother Earth.
Lunches by Apple Spice Catering - choice of:
- Turkey and Swiss Sandwich on Honey Wheat, plus a cranberry sauce on the side. Comes with potato chips and a cookie.
- Cafe Club Sandwich on Honey Wheat. Cured ham, turkey, bacon and cheddar cheese with a signature sauce. Comes with potato chips and a cookie.
- Same as Sandwich #1 only gluten-free bread
- Same as Sandwich #2 only gluten-free bread
- Cranberry Bleu Salad: Cranberries, bleu cheese and candied walnuts on salad greens. Poppy seed dressing. Comes with fresh bread.
- Chef's Salad: Oven-roasted turkey, cured ham, hard-boiled egg, and jack and cheddar cheese on salad greens. Ranch dressing. Comes with fresh bread.
Please select your salad or sandwich choice when your register/RSVP for this event on the SPW website. Mail your $14 check to cover the cost of your lunch made out to SPWNP to:
Melonae Day, Treasurer
127 Binham Heights
Shavano Park, TX 78249